- Launchpad's introduction. When Darkwing falls through his ceiling, Launchpad doesn't know who he is or what he's doing there, only that a stranger (probably a burglar) broke through his roof in the middle of the night. Within seconds, he's utterly curb stomped the city's superhero.
- Gosalyn defeats Bulba's three henchmen by herself, using all the traps shown earlier in Darkwing's kitchen. Even more awesome when you realize she's completely humiliating the hitmen implied to have murdered her grandfather.
- DW and Launchpad are approaching Big Bad Taurus Bulba's flying fortress, and Darkwing realizes they'll need to blast their way in.
Launchpad: I dunno DW. That sounds dangerous.
- Darkwing then fires a missile from the Thunderquack that blows a hole in Bulba's ship, leaps out of the Thunderquack on his bike, and makes a perfect landing inside the fortress.
- And near the end of the episode, the best "I Am The Terror" spiel, one of the few that work without a hitch, and he actually succeeds in unnerving Taurus Bulba. Then he completely foils Bulba's plan, apparently sacrificing himself in the process.
"I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the chill that runs up your spine! I AM DARKWING DUCK!" (blows up Doomsday Device)
- Even before that, when Taurus Bulba has Gosalyn dropped off the building, Darkwing gets mad and punches him in the gut and smacks down with a blow to the head. Keep in mind Taurus Bulba is MUCH bigger than he is, and when they first fought, Bulba squashed him between his hands and left him for the police.
- The way Taurus Bulba threatens to drop Gosalyn to her death unless Darkwing gives him the arming code to the weapon he's stolen... a code he has no proof Darkwing has:
Darkwing Duck: She never told me any code.Taurus Bulba: Hmmm, that's a real possibility. But I've always considered myself a gambling man.
- When Darkwing finally gives in, Bulba reminds him, "No tricks, or she'll make quite an ugly stain on the street." Most. Awesome. Villain. Ever. From a children's cartoon by Disney, no less!
- Even after his plan is ruined, Bulba attempts to take Darkwing with him. And it is awesome.
Taurus Bulba: I underestimated you once, Darkwing Duck. This time you simply die.
- Darkwing taking down Megavolt while blind.
Megavolt: You couldn't have! You couldn't have! Blast you, you're handicapped!Darkwing: We prefer the term "physically challenged." (takes a bow)
- Steelbeak's delivery of his evil threat and blackmail demands.
- The two-parter "Just Us Justice Ducks" was brilliant from top to bottom. Filled with hilarious Running Gags and callbacks to previous quotes.
- Negaduck's unhealthy obsession with "The Switch!"
- Negaduck splits the city among the Fearsome Five but keeps the loot for himself. His henchmen complain, so he pulls out a chainsaw. No more questions asked. What makes this really awesome is that one of the guys he just intimidated is made of water, and completely immune to the chainsaw. He's just that scary.
- The entire ending to "Just Us Justice Ducks," where Darkwing outwits NegaDuck in order to save the Justice Ducks from the Fearsome Five, whereupon they have a Final Battle. This all ends with Darkwing doing a completely hilarious Humiliation Conga on NegaDuck, and going off on a date with Morgana.
"Aw, you dented my anvil."
- One for Launchpad. In his hypnotic state he not only defeats Gumbo easily, but Darkwing as well using Darkwing’s own move against him! Sure, he was under a spell, but it's never said that the spell increased his capability — it only invoked a Face Heel Turn. The fact that he was willing to do it was the spell, but the fact that he could do it was all him.
- Darkwing spends the episode in a partial Heroic B.S.O.D., lamenting his lack of superpowers... after originally asserting that "Super powers do not a hero make!" He eventually proves his point when GizmoDuck gets incapacitated by a giant magnet while Darkwing effortlessly defeats Megavolt with his wit, speed, and agility. — Darkwing Duck actually breaks another haughty!
GizmoDuck: Without this suit, I'm nothing!Darkwing Duck: You may be nothing, but I'M NOT!
- Morgana's defeat of a Love Potion-struck Negaduck at the end of "My Valentine Ghoul":
Morgana: (flirtatiously) Care for a jaw-breaker, sweetums? (vengefully) One broken jaw, coming up! (punches him across the room)
Negaduck: Low Calorie. High Octane.
- Negaduck gets one during the episode by demonstrating why he's Darkwing's Numero Uno Arch enemy, by going after Darkwing and Morgana with a flamethrower that's powered by FROSTING.
- A scary one, but Dark Warrior Duck's entrance is totally awesome. Especially the chilling variant on Darkwing's usual Catch Phrase that Jim Cummings belts out with all his might: "I am the terror that HUNTS in the night! I am the jackal that gnaws at your bones! I am Dark Warrior Duck!"
- Darkwing manages to defeat his own body even though he was just a brain at the time.
- The episode might as well be called "Gosalyn's Crowning Episode of Awesome".
- The episode also shows Negaduck at his finest. The episode open with him one step ahead of Darkwing during a chase, using bombs and dropping a safe on him. He only stops for a moment when Darkwing asks if he's just acting out because he's not Public Enemy number one. Even then, Negaduck leaves Darkwing juggling bombs (they were on sale.) The next day, Negaduck goes on a one man warpath across the city. From going on the rampage in a Monster Truck to running Darkwing and Launchpad over in a tank. He even has Gosalyn at the end of her literal rope before Darkwing arrives during the final face off. Darkwing foils Negaduck's escape by stuffing his bike with cartoon bombs like the ones Negaduck used against him at the start of the episode. A hero is only as good as their adversary after all and Darkwing and Gosalyn prove their worth as heroes stopping Negaduck.
Darkwing: Hey Negaduck! Thanks for the tip about the two for one sale!
- A Freeze-Frame Bonus also gives one to Megavolt. He is apparently Public Enemy Number Three behind Negaduck and Dr. Slug.
- Remember the Humiliation Conga the Fearsome Five give Darkwing in "Just Us Justice Ducks"? In this episode, he defeats them all by himself. Using their own attacks!
Negaduck: Megavolt! Bushroot! Cash this do-gooder's cheque!
Megavolt: I'm a little low on cash. Mind if I... CHARGE IT? (fires a bolt of electricity at Darkwing, who ducks and causes the bolt to bounce off the shield of the full suit of armour behind him, hitting Megavolt and knocking him flying) YOWWWWW!
Bushroot: (nervously) Guess that means it's my turn now, huh. Oh well, a plant's gotta do what a plant's gotta do! (summons a vine through the museum floor; the vine grows a snakelike head which rears up to attack Darkwing)
Darkwing: (dodges an attack, then produces a pair of shears) Back, or I'll nip you in the bud! (the vine retreats back through the floor as Darkwing threatens it with the shears; he marches over to Bushroot) You're next, salad puss! (cuts the leaves on Bushroot's backside; Bushroot tries to flee but runs straight into a giant gong and knocks himself out)
Negaduck: Idiots! Liquidator! Liquidate 'im!
Darkwing: C'mon. I'm ready for anything. (gets slapped by a giant water spatula and ends up flat as a pancake; springs back to his usual shape, dazed) Eh... almost anything...
Liquidator: Are you under stress? Tired of the pitfalls of being a hero? What you need is... an all expenses paid trip to oblivion! (fires himself like an arrow toward Darkwing, who uncorks a ship in a bottle and holds it in the Liquidator's path, catching him and replacing the cork)
Darkwing: New, improved burglar in a bottle!
Negaduck: D'oh!... That does it! I'm outta here! I can't stand to watch those idiots waste their superpowers! (leaves via a nearby window)
Quackerjack: (backflips onto a stuffed moose) Yoo hoo! Here I come! (produces a giant spring) Ooh looky! A spring-a-ling! Here you go, my little caped coquet - IT'S PLAYTIME! (fires the spring at Darkwing)
Darkwing: (entangled in the spring) Nobody toys with Darkwing Duck and gets away with it! (disentangles himself and launches one end of the spring over one of the stuffed moose's antlers)
Quackerjack: Ha ha ha! Missed me! (waggles his hands by the side of his head, but stops as Darkwing throws the other end of the spring over the other antler)
Darkwing: (putting an Egyptian sarcophagus in his improvised spring catapult) Guess what time it is now!
Quackerjack: Uh... spring time? (Darkwing launches the sarcophagus, which barrels Quackerjack into the nearest wall; the sarcophagus opens to reveal him and the moose stuffed inside) Mummy?...
- Taurus Bulba gets another one, immediately after being resurrected in his new, cyborg form:
FOWL High Command: Welcome to the Fiendish Organization for World Lacerny, Agent Taurus Bulba!Bulba: Ha ha! I see I am expected to show you gratitude, ha ha! After all, you allowed me to be part of your "great experiment" without annoying me with petty nuisances like getting my permission!Bulba: So what if I must drink motor oil cocktails the rest of my life...I will have the honor of being the chief agent of FOWL, to humbly serve the rightful masters of the world! (evil chuckle) I think not!(Bulba blasts FOWL high command monitor)Bulba: Taurus Bulba works for no one, but himself!
- Darkwing defeating the new cyborg Taurus Bulba. In a wheelchair.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The theme song. You just try not to sing along to it.
- It's even better in the instrumental version.
- The Final Battle with the Bug Master.
- Passing Grizzlikoff's "tests," especially catching the rapid stream of bullets in his sleeve. "So... when does the test begin?"
- "Singed, but triumphant!"
- When forced into what amount to finishing school lessons with Honker's mom, Gosalyn proves herself able to play soccer while perfectly balancing a book on her head. Her teacher isn't pleased but it's totally epic.
- Defeating Solego the Chaos God at the end of the Legend of the Chaos God Crisis Crossover in Disney Adventures.
- A) It exists: after 19 years of being ignored, Disney has brought it back in all its glory. B) The second page is a full coverspread that pretty much apologizes for being so suddenly canceled.
I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the awkward goodbye that lasts far too long. I am
logo: Darkwing Duck
- NEGADUCK'S ENTRANCE BY DESTROYING DRAKE MALLARD'S WALL... then being taken away by the Quackwerk crimebots.
- In Comic #4: Darkwing showing a supercharged Taurus Bulba just how much a Papa Wolf he is when he threatens Gosalyn. Ladies and Gentleman, Darkwing Duck is back.
Bulba: No doubt you keep such poor company to have someone to listen to your dismal diatribes and declarations. But tell me, are you willing to die for them?Darkwing: Gladly.(Darkwing ricochets a gas capsule off a beam into Bulba, knocking them both out of a hovering base thousands of feet into the air.)
- In the Darkwing Duck comic, when Taurus Bulba is revealed to be the one in charge of the company both Darkwing and friends AND the Fearsome Five (minus Negaduck) have been suffering under, Darkwing shouts out "LET'S GET DANGEROUS!" and both good guys AND bad guys all attack a pissed off Bulba all at once in one double-spread page.
- From comic #7: "Paddywack is coming to supper!"
- During the Crisis on Infinite Darkwings crossover, Quivering Quack (from a reality where Darkwing takes up the mantle of Quivering Quack after Gosalyn is killed) faces off against Darkwarrior Duck... And wins.
- The climax of issue #8, which features hundreds of Darkwings from across the multiverse attacking the giant Negaduck-Paddywhack fusion. Among others, we get to see a Iron Duck Darkwing, a Popeye Darkwing, and a TRON Darkwing.
Tron Darkwing: I am the wall that crashes your Light Cycle!Sherlock Darkwing: I am the crime that is anything but elementary!Popeye Darkwing: I am the can of spinach you cannot open!Lady Gaga Darkwing: I am the romance that always ends bad!Quivering Quack: I am the arrow that never misses!
- In issue 14, Darkwing battles a new, seemingly indestructible tank of a supervillain called Cat-tankerous, and is not having any luck - all of a sudden, out of absolutely nowhere, Launchpad flies to the rescue and rams the plane straight into Cattankerous. It didn't work, but it was nonetheless badass. Even the reporters thought so!
- Issue 18: Donald Duck coming to the aid of the corrupted Duckburg, and telling everyone to rage against the madness around them. This throws Negaduck off enough so that he could do the next step in his diabolical plan. Which gets immediately thrashed by Darkwing.