Anime: Sol Bianca
Sol Bianca is a two-episode OVA series by AIC, from 1990 (first episode) and 1992 (second episode). Also, a six-episode OVA series titled Taiyō no Fune Sol Bianca (Ship of the Sun Sol Bianca/Sol Bianca: The Legacy), was made in 1999-2000.The series follows the adventures of the spaceship Sol Bianca and its crew.
This show provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade
- Completely Different Title — When Pioneer released the second series, they called it Sol Bianca: The Legacy.
- Conspicuous CG — In the second series.
- Cool Ship — The eponymous vessel.
- Earth That Was
- Foreign Language Title — It's apparently supposed to mean "white sun" in Spanish and/or Italian ("bianca" is the feminine adjective form of "white" in Italian and "sol" is Spanish for "sun"; the correct phrase would be "sol blanco" in Spanish and "sole bianco" in Italian).
- Though that could be intentional, given the all-female crew.
- Laser Blade — The ship's weapon is some kind of glowing yellow string (it forms curve shapes when in use) that cuts anything it touches.
- Left Hanging — The second episode of the original series ends with an antagonist character bringing someone out of suspended animation. We never find out more about this, though, because the series ends there, and the second series seems to be either a Prequel or an Alternate Continuity.
- Pirate Girl
- The Quiet One — Janny in the second series.
- Space Is an Ocean — When the eponymous ship enters / leaves hyperspace, it resembles a submarine diving / resurfacing.
- Space Pirates
- Spaceship Girl — June seems to be something like a robotic terminal of the ship's computer.
- Stab the Scorpion: First it looks, as if Gwen wants to shoot Janny, but actually he saves her by shooting Booster's big monster minion standing behind her.
- Starship Luxurious — The Sol Bianca has an onboard garden.
- Theme Naming — The given names of the main characters are month names or variations thereof: April, Feb, Janny, June, May. There's also an extrasolar system with planets named Uno and Tres.