Follow TV Tropes
How does this trope relate to Cutting the Knot?
Noticed there nothing there for pro-wrestling because one loophole when it comes to inter-gender match up for the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
The Royal Rumble is open to all division included Divas, and there has be three (Chyna, Beth Phoenix, and Kharma). Hear me out on this one, if a diva wins the Royal Rumble, would the rules of a chance to face the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion apply, since there's no mention it has to a guy.
It's it okay, if I just put one there as a separate page or folder
For some reason, the folders aren't working. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Anybody have any ideas?
It's because they contain too much text. I'll split the page, since it's over 400k characters.
Edit: And done.
"The Filipino programmers charged with the creation of the highly-destructive ILOVEYOU virus were not charged with anything by Philippine state prosecutors because there were no laws in the Philippines regarding malware at the time. So, yes, they got away with crippling millions of computers and caused billions of dollars in damages worldwide because the Philippine justice system was behind the times — something Filipinos old enough to remember the hubbub view with a peculiar mix of misplaced pride and sheepish embarrassment."
Almost everyone I know is old enough to remember this event. I don't remember anyone becoming sheepishly embarrass about it, though.
Where did that troper get that horribly misinformed assumption from?
I'm pulling this one from Real Life for the time being, as it's rife with inaccuracies, and doesn't really comvey the use of loopholes via its examples.
1. It wasn't because the projectiles were "too good at killing." Rather because they caused excessive wounds, and were claimed to be inhumane.
2. Bullets with cavities on the tip are not more accurate than full-metal jacket ammunition because of the open-tip. Rather, during the forming process, an open-tipped bullet will have a more uniformly formed boat-tail (base). The tip configuration is a less critical feature in regards to flight characteristics.
3. Not all open tip ammunition is expanding. For example, the US military 175-grain M 118 LR bullet. Commercially, it is known as a Sierra Matchking bullet. It features an open tip, however, it is non-expanding, and thus, does not violate any treaties of war.
4. The police example is really weak, as it's an apples/oranges comparison.
5. Expanding rounds aren't intended to "knock down" targets. Bullet expansion serves to create a larger wound channel to inflict more severe damage, and to fully impart all the energy of the projectile into a soft fleshy target.
Removed the following, as the claims are false (and wouldn't fit the trope even if they were true):
The actual origins of the various forms of football are fairly complex, but suffice it to say that there were forms of football that allowed running with the ball long before modern association football ("soccer") came to be, and (North) American football had split from rugby football long before the forward pass came to be.
Should we change the name to a "Screw the rules". It fits with those tropes .
No idea where the story about the cricket bowler running until bad light stopped play originally came from, but I'm sure I remember it as one of those end-of-article fillers in an ancient Reader's Digest. However, this file shows it's been around since at least 1983, and seems to have been an old urban legend even then: http://www.rdca.com/Documents/Downloads/rdca_jnr_annreport_8283.pdf
From the Ain't No Rule discussion
Fanra: Removed the following, as it is false:
Meanwhile, the Twelfth Amendment closes an old loophole: the constitution originally allowed a Vice-President to succeed to the Presidency even if he was ineligible to be elected President himself. Immigrants, 8-year olds, King George III - All possible.
Under the original system, they didn't need that rule. The Vice President was the candidate who received the second-most votes. So anyone who became VP would have had to be eligible to be a Presidential Candidate.
Fast Eddie: Downsized image. Please see Administrative Policy.
ralphmerridew: Changed "Sam Snead and partner" in the golf example to "George Burns and Harpo Marx". (Golf Hall of Shame, page 50-51)
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?