- Author's Saving Throw: It was noticed that several items obtained through connectivity with the Japan-only arcade game were no longer obtainable in the localization, making getting every trophy impossible. Level-5 heard this and updated the game with the ability to purchase the items.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome:
- In the first game Fighter role yo-kai are commonly used, with Venoct, Unkeen, B Jibanayn and Komasan, Football Usapyon, and Rudy being popular choices. The most common online teams will typically consist of three Fighters with one Healer providing backup.
- As of the Moon Rabbit Crew update expect to see a lot of players online using Lord Enma if they have him. See Game-Breaker below.
- Game-Breaker: Lord Enma is by far the best Yo-kai to have on your team. He is fast, has no elemental weaknesses, has a skill that allows him to go through a Great Change to power him up, and can equip three bracelets that gives him high HP, Spirit, and Defense that also transforms him into either a near-unkillable Tank, a powerful Ranger or one of the best Healers in the game. Also, if you equip the Slimamander Soul, it will increase his Strength alongside his Spirit. If youre lucky enough to have four of him on your team, youll be practically unbeatable.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The flashing sounds that play when you defeat a partically hard Big Boss. Especially if you were playing on Ultra difficulty.
- That One Boss: Hinozall and Hinozall Awoken can put up a barrier that makes them immune to all attacks, which can only be destroyed by guiding the lasers from his minions guns. Fail to destroy the barrier in time and he will heal half of his HP.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Many fans were disappointed over the translations removing the Ghostbusters parody element of the games, though many others also prefer the new designs.
- Tier-Induced Scrappy: Tanks in Yo-Kai Watch Blasters are by far the least used and least popular units for several reasons. They aren't nearly as useful as Fighters, Rangers, or Healers in battle especially against the bosses and aren't exactly fast for the most part either. Most often they will end up being the first units down in any major fight.
- Win Back the Crowd: People who were disappointed that most of the theme songs were being skipped over or replaced by the Swampy theme in the English version were excited to find out that not only is the Blasters ending theme being dubbed, but also both of the opening themes.
YMMV / Yo-kai Watch Blasters