WIDESPREAD PANIC THROUGHOUT ALL DISTRICTS OF THE CITY
MINIPOST COMPROMISED IN TERRORIST BROADCAST
NO POSSIBILITY OF REDACTING PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE
LOCATE AND NEUTRALIZE THREAT
EXTREME SANCTIONS AUTHORIZED
THE CITY IS COUNTING ON YOU
GOOD LUCK CONSTABLE
miniLAW: Ministry of Law is a Retreaux-style action game developed by Lasso Games for Windows PC. Taking inspiration from dystopian cyberpunk police stories such as RoboCop (1987) and Judge Dredd, miniLAW places you in the role of the Constable, a cybernetically enhanced law enforcement agent in the city of New Babel. As the last bastion of humanity after a devastating world war, you are to protect New Babel using any means necessary. When terrorists threaten to destroy New Babel with a powerful bomb, you must use your advanced weaponry, detective skills, and cybernetic power suit to suss out the terrorists and stop their plot while maintaining order in the city.
The game is currently available on Steam Early Access.
This game contains examples of the following
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Crimes that you can report to include, but are not limited to: robbery, assault, homicide, and loitering.
- Crapsack World: 95% of the Earth is an uninhabitable wasteland, and the last 5% consists of a single Mega City ruled by a totalitarian government.
- Cyborg: That would be you, as the Constable.
- Final Death: You can revive yourself so long as you have the power in your suit to do so. If you have no more spare power in your suit, however, you will die and have to start the game from the beginning.
- Interface Screw: As you take damage, the screen and HUD become increasingly distorted. And that's before going into hackers that screw with your systems and controls.
- Life Meter: Perps have three gauges: Health, Stamina, and Resolve. Depleting Health kills the perp, depleting Stamina knocks them out, and depleting Resolve forces them to surrender.
- Multiple-Choice Past: You are given a choice of three randomly selected backstories to determine your starting capabilities. A few examples include:
- Grease Monkey: Your car starts off upgraded, but your accuracy is middling.
- Soft Spoken: The range of your shouts is reduced, but enemies will surrender more easily
- Master Detective: Perps will drop clues more often, but your reputation with all criminal factions is less favorable.
- Daredevil: Increased movement speed at the expense of armor integrity.
- Karate Master: Low accuracy, but melee strikes are more powerful.
- Wimpy Voice: All of your stats suck, as well as your shouting range.
- Nintendo Hard
- Red Shirt: The basic miniLAW guards that occasionally accompany you on missions. With no armor and a weak melee attack, theyre only good for distractions and getting slaughtered.
- Stop, or I Will Shoot!: Shouting down criminals can force them to surrender.
- Take Cover!: You, and the perps, can take cover behind any appropriate barrier.
- Timed Mission: You have twenty four hours to thwart the terrorist plot.
- What the Hell, Hero?: miniFACT will not hesitate to chew you out if you kill a perp you are supposed to take in alive