- Fridge Brilliance: The logo for Vine is green, like an actual vine.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This young james Vine from August 2015 is about a mother who "won't not stop liking" her child's Twitter "statuseses". In November of that same year, Twitter rebranded "Favorite" stars into "Like" hearts.
- Scrappy Mechanic:
- If you tapped on a Vine, you would pause it. If you double-tapped on it, you'd add a Like to it. This could be irritating if you just wanted to pause the Vine at a very specific frame, and while you could undo Likes, if the poster had notifications enabled, then they'd see the Like whether you undo it or not.
- Occasionally, you would receive "(user) posted a Vine" notifications, even if you didn't have "notify me when this user posts a Vine" enabled for that user, with no way to disable this specific type of notification. The only way to be sure to never get these was to outright turn off all Vine notifications with your device settings' notification options, but you would probably miss out on notifications that you did want or need (which may include things like comments on your Vines and messages).
- On the mobile apps, you couldn't get a link to your own profile, yet you could obtain links for other users' profiles, even though you could get your own profile's link if you were using Vine in a browser.
- Tear Jerker: With Vine shutting down, there have been a lot of popular viners making farewell vines, and to see them all announcing that they're all leaving is just heartwrenching.
- An example is Hardstop Lucas and KingBach
YMMV / Vine