- Crosses the Line Twice: Hitting a guy with a spoon until he dies. It's as hilarious and scary as it sounds.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Obscure online hit in the US, Guy Fawkes-esque symbol of protest in Chile.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When released, the "fact" that the movie took twelve years to make was supposed to be ridiculous. Thanks to Boyhood, it now makes the film sound like an Oscar contender.
- Idiot Plot: Jack never bothers to simply take the Ginosaji's spoons away. Even when he wears protective clothing in Save Jack, he doesn't bother with actually trying to disarm the Ginosaji or lock him up somewhere, despite having traveled the world in the first video, and more than likely being able to search it again for some sort of abandoned prison or meat locker.
- The Protective Clothing result is this. Despite being easily the best and most obvious way to fix the problem Jack has such a problem with the sound of the spoon hitting the helmet that he gives up on it. Simply putting padding into the helmet would do the trick.
- Special Effects Failure: Near the end, when we get a close-up of Jack's bloody face, it's really obvious that he's wearing a mask.
- The Woobie: Jack, especially at the end. He's utterly helpless in all his endeavors to escape, being beaten with a spoon literally all the time is gradually wearing down his body, nobody believes him when he looks for help, and he can't even die
unlessuntil the Ginosaji kills him.
YMMV / The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon