- Badass Decay: While the Noops always had a gratuitous bluster against the Urpneys, here they and Albert come off more as petty playground bullies against Frizz and Nug, committing Bond Villain Stupidity over another enforced nightmare sending, and converting into Dirty Cowards as soon as the threat becomes too genuine. The show seemed to get the point to make the Noops more sympathetic after this episode, and while they have a couple of overkill moments in episodes following, they never quite reach the petty levels they do in this instance again.
- Bizarro Episode: Another rare dream travelling episode, with added Road Runner vs. Coyote booby traps.
- Catharsis Factor: After so long as The Drag-Along Designated Villains, it was pretty gratifying to watch Frizz and Nug not only force the heroes to back off, but actually do so by scaring the ever loving shit out of them.
- Designated Hero: Not only do the Noops once again supply a excessive beatdown over a slight Frizz and Nug didn't even want to do, they run away screaming the moment they start to look too genuinely threatening. What warriors!
- Idiot Plot: The Dream Maker commits Third Act Stupidity by sending in the Noops to capture the Urpneys. His much easier method of magicking away the bubble is only used as a plan B after the Noops actually resort to Bond Villain Stupidity and their sadistic zeal causes them to fail.
- Moment of Awesome: Frizz and Nug pulling an Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever and actually terrifying the Noops and Albert into retreat.
- Narm: Another episode that really pushes the atrocity of ruining dreams, dramatic music and monologues and all. Played with because this is also the nearest to a Deconstruction where the heroes get punished for their petty zeal.
- Take That, Scrappy!: The heroes finally suffering a backfire for using Disproportionate Retribution (if a very subdued one).
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: An instance the heroes actually "lose" and suffer a comeuppance for acting more vindictive than the Urpneys could have made for a cathartic Author's Saving Throw concerning their Designated Hero status in several early episodes. The final result, while still somewhat gratifying, exacerbates the dynamic since Frizz and Nug are only willing to dish out a Restrained Revenge, with all the Amusing Injuries (including the final gag) still directed solely to the Urpneys. It doesn't help the narrative can't quite decide whether the Noops have gone too far or not. Curiously the Noops did get more Butt-Monkey moments (and even some comical Downer Endings) in later episodes, though they were more bad luck than karmic.
- The Woobie: Frizz and Nug are once again dragged into a painful mission by Blob and Urpgor and get gratuitously punished by the heroes. When it seems they might have finally got the Noops to back off for once and make an easy escape, they still suffer a backfire after the Dream Maker destroys the dream bubble in response.
- While the punishment far exceeded the crime, it's easy to feel a bit bad for the kids being tormented in their dreams, particularly the ones who wake up crying.
YMMV / The Dreamstone S 03 E 05 The Dream Beam Invasion