- Jerkass Woobie: Blueblood, until Character Development turns him into a complete Woobie.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: This fic aims to do this for Prince Blueblood, who is just about the only character in the fandom to be almost universally despised.
- Tear Jerker:
- Blueblood confessing what's going on to Celestia and Luna, knowing they're going to forget when the day resets, but asking them what it's like to be immortal so he can have some perspective on how not to lose his mind.
- Rarity, knowing something's up with Blueblood, says that there's one pony he didn't make happy on what he thinks is the last loop: himself. Sure enough, even after the night everyone else had, he wakes up the next morning with another reset. Blueblood confesses that, even factoring in all the times he's been Driven to Suicide, this genuinely hurt him.
- Blueblood shows Rarity a monument where he admits to being Blueblood number fifty-two. Even as he admits it, Blueblood wishes he hadn't found out his destiny in such a way. This touching confession actually causes the loop to break.
YMMV / The Best Night Ever