- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Subverted; the opening scene, with Bob and Marie in Mardi Gras, almost feels tacked on, until the pair pop up later in the bayou and become hostages.
- Padding: This thing seems more a tourism brochure for the Louisiana Bayou than an actual movie.
- Special Effects Failure: Part of the scene in which Marie is killed by an alligator quite obviously takes place in a very clean, very clear, very chlorinated pool.
- Tearjerker: When the Nardo girls start talking about what they're going to do with their share of the loot, none of them are interested in wallowing in their wealth - they want to get revenge for the killing of their lovers. It's the most human thing you see from them, and they really did care about their partners.
- What an Idiot!: Billie, upon finding the diamonds, tossing them up in the air and coos, "It's raining diamonds!" Half of them fall into the swamp, but none of the characters seem to care. Tom Servo mutters, "Not a good idea."
YMMV / Swamp Diamonds