- Cult Classic: The book sold quite poorly and stars a cast of entirely new/extremely obscure characters. Despite this, the excellent characters, heart and nuanced view on China and its relation to the West garnered the book a devoted fandom, and it was even able to continue past its original end point due to fan support.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: There isn't an Aquaman of China because Dr. Omen saw no need for one. The first threat the team faces after the retitle is the Aquaman of North Korea.
- Moment of Awesome: Crossed over with Heartwarming Moments: Fan support making sure the series wouldn't end at issue #18.
- Poe's Law: People not reading the book frequently complain about DC using old familiar mantles for new Chinese characters, without realizing that China's inclination to appropriate Western cultural icons is a critical focus of the series.
- Unexpected Character: Okay, who the hell would of ever expected Sleez, the infamous Apokoliptan villain who made brainwashed Big Barda and Superman to make a porn film and whose last appearance was his death in Countdown over a decade ago?
YMMV / New Super-Man