- Critical Research Failure:
- Spaceships need to be airtight for obvious reasons, no matter how small Ray would get there is no hole he could use to get on board. Unless he went down to subatomic size, in which case, he could shrink between the atoms.
- Apollo 13 was not the seventh manned mission to the moon. It was the seventh manned Apollo mission, but only the fifth to go in lunar space. Two missions remained in Earth orbit for their duration.
- Lunar lander cockpits were nowhere near as spacious as this episode makes them out to be.
- The stars should not be visible during the day on the moon.
- Genius Bonus: Henry calls Sara a "steely-eyed missile man" without explanation (and to her confusion) when she saves Apollo 13. The term is used in the space industry to refer to someone who comes up with an especially creative way to solve a problem on the spot.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Professor Stein's distraction to buy time at NASA was to sing. A hallucination of Professor Stein, posing as a gay mobster, will show up in the next The Flash (2014) episode "Duet".
- Special Effect Failure: Ray picking up the flag from the moon looks incredibly fake.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A minor example. When Stein and Jax fake their British accents, they explain that Mick doesn't talk much. It would have been interesting to have Mick try to fake a British accent only to sound more like Dominic Purcell's natural Aussie accent.
YMMV / Legends Of Tomorrow S 2 E 14 Moonshot