- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Was Laura a beautiful-but-naïve woman who had the bad luck to get involved with an obsessive Svengali like Waldo Lydecker? Or was she a Manipulative Bitch who had a habit of using men like Waldo for her own purposes?
- Mark McPherson: intrepid investigator or Necromantic Stalker with a Crush? And when Laura returns, is she just a figment of his imagination?
- Awesome Ego: Waldo Lydecker.
- Awesome Music: The song "Laura" written for the film by composer David Raskin with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. It became a jazz standard.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Mark has a small handheld rectangular baseball/pinball game he plays from time to time. The way he holds it in some shots makes it look like he's using a smartphone, in 1944!
YMMV / Laura