- Magnificent Bastard: The Driver.
- Moral Event Horizon: Javi is revealed to have crossed this when the Kid reveals Javi killed his father because he needed his liver, and crosses it further when he plans to do the same thing to the Kid himself.
- Carnal crosses this when he beats up the Kid and then attempts to rape his mother. He's killed at the end of the same scene by the Driver.
- One-Scene Wonder: As usual, Peter Stormare steals the show whenever he's seen. Even if that amounts to less than three minutes of screen time.
- Squick: In-universe and out. When Driver ambushes the man in the bathroom, the man's gun falls in the toilet and Driver is heard shuddering in disgust as he fishes it out.
- The Woobie: The Kid's mother. She lost her husband because Javi needed a new liver and her husband, the Kid's father, had the same rare blood type. Then Javi needed a new liver, which meant he would come for her son, too. Refusing to give up his location to Javi, she was subject to Electric Torture, was almost raped by Carnal, and then the Kid actually stabbed himself repeatedly in front of her, just so Javi couldn't get his liver. Though he ultimately survives, you really can't blame her for screaming bloody murder at that last one...
- The Kid himself. He lost his father at a young age (he's presumably ten or younger) and knows his own life is soon to be cut short because Javi needs another liver. He even attempts to kill himself to kill Javi (because if he stabs his liver, Javi won't be able to use it), right in front of his mother. Thank God he survives and Javi is left to die.
YMMV / Get the Gringo