- Demonic Spiders: The red pterodactyls, whose sole purpose is to slow the player down long enough for the wall of doom to catch up with them.
- Goddamn Bats: Stegosaurs. Their AI pattern seems to basically be "go exactly as fast as needed to cause the player to at some point come to a dead stop against stegosaur backside, regardless of any attempt made to avoid such".
- Nightmare Fuel:
- When the wall of doom gets close. The entire concept of the game is to stay ahead of it. As it approaches, first an ominous growl starts up in the background, then as it gets closer the colors wash out until the background is pure red and everything else is a silhouette. Finally the entire screen blacks out as it engulfs the player dino...
- After finishing each level, the camera stays in place as the wall advances past it, giving the player a nice long look at the aftermath, or lack thereof. And in the case of the Challenge mode, when you finish a level and stick around without continuing to the next one, you get to hear an ambiance consisting of random, echoing sounds reminiscent of the apocalypse.
- That One Level: The "Twin Peaks" speedrun. It has two long uphill sections, and the number of boulders rolling down them means you need to be very quick to avoid getting knocked back or trapped.
YMMV / Dino Run