- Cliché Storm: So much that The Nostalgia Critic called it "a capsule of the 90s time and their clichés".
- Narm Charm: The film is so sweet and naive as a piece of the 90's that it even hurts.
- One-Scene Wonder: The silent broken nose guy.
- "My dad shot her, it was weird."
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The movie could have not only been more interesting but also gain itself a likable underdog if the film just centered on Wiley overcoming his struggles through high school and winning the affections of Nikki, while taking Mitchelle out of the film entirely.
YMMV / Airborne