- Cliché Storm: Most viewers acknowledged the film was little more than your typical "tough guy in revenge mode" vehicle for outprimed big names, although also conceded that the excellent choreography and Banderas's sound performance actually make it very watchable.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: By the end of the film, the child prostitute is presumably still prisoner of her pimps, although one can only hope that Valera will locate her and take care of it now that he's free of other things.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This doesn't mark the only time Paz Vega helped an action star avenge the loss of a loved one in a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Narm Charm: Valera randomly making a slow hush gesture to himself, looking hyper-focused, while doing his vow of silence. The moment is silly, but Banderas somehow makes it work by sheer committment.
- Narrowed It Down to the Guy I Recognize: To the surprise of nobody, the second biggest name in the film wasn't playing just a secondary cop.
- What an Idiot!: Twice by the same guy. After submitting Valera, Strode stabs him with a piece of scrap, yet instead of using it further to stab him to death or cutting his throat, he lefts it there and opts to try to kill Valera with a standing, flimsy rear naked choke. And then, when Valera unsurprisingly throws him over his shoulder due to the hold's little stability, Strode forgets completely about the piece and puts Valera in a triangle choke, another hold that leaves Valera's hands free and allow the lawyer to pull the piece out and stab Strode with it in return. From there, Valera's win is easy.
YMMV / Acts of Vengeance (2017)