Captured in battle
Forced to work in the mines
Has just broken free
And must escape.
Dynamite Jack is an indie stealth game from Hassey Enterprises.
You play as a Space Marine trying to escape from the mines where you have been imprisoned. You must use your titular dynamite to blow through walls, kill guards and destroy vital equipment in order to reach the surface.
Dynamite Jack is available on Android, iPad, and Steam.
Dynamite Jack contains examples of:
- Abandoned Mine: Though the whole game is set in one, one section is explicitly called this, featuring no enemies except for a horde of aliens that home in on the player.
- Achievement System: Each level has three achievements, some of which include: killing no guards, killing all the guards, completing the level without dying, completing the level in under one minute and collecting all the anathemite crystals.
- Bag of Spilling: At the end of every level you drop your flashlight and dynamite and must find them again in the next level.
- Bonus Level: Unlocked by collecting cartridges.
- Cartoon Bomb: Your dynamite looks like this. Presumably this is Gameplay and Story Segregation because the guards never notice it. On the other hand...
- Checkpoint: Most importantly, you can't be seen by the guards whilst standing on the checkpoint.
- Excuse Plot: You see that quote at the top of the screen? That's the entire plot of the game.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: "What was that large explosion? I should go and investigate. Oh look, one of my fellow guards is dead and a piece of vital equipment blocking access to the exit has been destroyed. Still, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. I'll just go back to my standard patrol route."
- Instant Death Bullet: If the guards see you they will kill you instantly.
- 100% Completion: There's an achievement for that, though getting all achievements in a level in a single run is sometimes flat-out impossible (such as when a level has achievements for killing everyone on a map and doing a Pacifist Run.) Fortunately each one can be gotten separately.
- Weakened by the Light: The aliens that chase the player never go into any lights, and flee if a flashlight is shined on them.