I'm a wannabe writer (that's distinctly wannabe not amateur) who's studying English with Creative Writing at Birmingham University. I'm English (naturally) and 18.
I'm a huge fan of anything with a really strong narrative that comes through in every episode. For example, I'm very picky about sitcoms but will enjoy almost any drama simply because of all the intertwined character arcs and stories etc.
Some personal favorites:
And the tropes that sum me up:
- Straight Gay - assuming Buffy and True Blood didn't give it away.
- Ho Yay - I have plenty of straight, male friends who I've made out with and it's generally accepted that at some point, we're going to sleep together. It helps that one of them previously identified as bisexual and another has implied he's at least bicurious.
- Fag Hag - not myself obviously, but I have three or four friends who not only qualify but actively identify as my fag hags.
- Berserk Button - the lowest common denominator and things that set out to cater to it. People that express interest in these things are liable to get shouted at.
- Brilliant, but Lazy - apparently
- Fantastically Indifferent - people getting excited about things I've already seen/know about will only attract my ire
- Transparent Closet - officially torn down
- Homosexual Life Partners - with one of my exes incidentally. Often still considered a couple, happily refer to ourselves as husband and wife, practically identical personalities, completely comfortable naked around each other and we not only share a bed, we spoon. Went through a brief Relationship Upgrade but the move to university put an end to that.