- Creator's Favorite: Yumi Tsukirino admitted in the liner notes of the manga that she had a crush on Almond for a time.
- Executive Meddling:
- Tsukirino's assistant hated "Pidgeot Loves Pidgetta" and forbid her from ever using the characters in future stories.
- The first part of "Rock-a-Bye Pokemon" was criticized by Creatures, Inc. for making the villains, Hypno and Drowzee, too creepy for the lighthearted comic. According to Tsukirino, they supposedly didn't give the arc the thumbs up until they saw the second part, which explains how they were forced out of their caves by a construction company and ostracized by humans for being creepy and ugly.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The English version of the manga is notoriously difficult to find in its entirety. As of 2016, only the first volume has received a full scan online, with the only other scans of the Viz volumes being the first three stories of Volume 2. There also exists a scanlations of Volume 8 that was made by Ketsuban in the early-to-mid 2000s, but it only covers the four main stories. As for buying physical copies, while the Viz singles are relatively cheap and easy to find, the volume sets (which contain material not present in the singles) are another story. It's not uncommon to see volumes on Amazon go for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. The Chuang Yi-translated volumes are much more difficult to find, since the company went out of business many years ago, no one has picked up the distribution rights to the manga for the regions Chuang Yi used to sell to, and the volumes themselves rarely show up on shopping sites.
- Inverted with the original Japanese version and Chamo-Chamo, which both have full scans readily available online.
- No Export for You: The last three volumes and Chamo-Chamo have never been released in the United States.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: The title page for The Best Gift Ever features a fan-created Pokemon named Marin that was designed for a "Draw Pikachu's Friend" contest in Japan.
Trivia / Magical Pokémon Journey