- The Cameo: Tony Blair's son had a cameo as one of the camp inmates, and was flown in by helicopter for the day.
- Dyeing for Your Art: All the extras had their heads shaved for the camp scenes.
- Enforced Method Acting:
- The actors were kept away from the concentration camp set until the filming of the scene where they first see it.
- Many of the extras playing the prisoners were cancer patients and realistically underweight from their chemo treatments.
- What Could Have Been:
- Ross McCall says there were talks of sending some actors to a real concentration camp to prepare them. But they ultimately decided on the Enforced Method Acting as mentioned above.
- James Madio intended to get violent and attack O'Keefe while Perconte was chewing him out. He had hoped to deliver the line "two years since I've seen home" while threatening him with a gun. The director instead suggested he read the book and deliver the line from there. Madio later said the change was for the better.
Trivia / Band Of Brothers S 1 E 9 Why We Fight