- Acclaimed Flop: It was considered a flop in Japan despite being the darling of the developers and fans when it was released, leading to...
- Bad Export for You: The international English version is still a really fun game when it comes to the gameplay, but the story went from being very complex and developed in the Japanese release, to an Excuse Plot in the English version. A fan translation project fixed this, though... assuming you don't mind using an emulator or a modified console to play, of course.
- Cut Song: The Japanese version does not use the Briefing theme specifically composed for this game. Only the US version does.
- Doing It for the Art: The levels where plane controls are changed. It could've been brushed aside with an explanation, but the devs made completely different flight mechanics for single levels.
- Fan Translation: An unofficial translation of the Japanese version by Project Nemo can be found here.
Trivia / Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere