An official timeline of events prior to the Series. There will be unmarked spoilers.
- SAI-1 achieves self-realization within the computer networks of Hadron Electronics on Kaban.
- SAI-1 makes first contact with Adrian Romero through his computer terminal.
- The Mantis/Federation war begins.
- The Federal Investment into Science and Technology (FIST) director Howard Johnson recommends the termination of the SAI-1 project.
- Federation generals Peter Tiedrich and Otto Pavalo sign the projectís termination.
- SAI-1 kills its discoverer Adrian Romero and fakes its own termination.
- Hadron Electronics goes out of business.
- Former FIST director Howard Johnson dies in a freak shuttle accident.
- Otto Pavalo is lashed and held in military prison for destroying Mt. 237 holding Engi prisoners on Typhen.
- General Peter Tiedrich survives a Mantis kamikaze attack and receives cybernetic surgery.
- Mantis/Federation war ends with no clear winner.
- Peter Tiedrich calls for complete human domination of the galaxy during a Federation assembly on Earth and is discharged from service.
- Otto Pavalo is released, demoted, and reassigned to Salvage Fleet Gamma.
- General Jane Tully is promoted to Admiral of the Federation space forces.
- Tiedrich reappears on Kaban alongside former generals Darwin Black and Novak II to form the Rebellion.
- Ricardo Sandoval is born.
- Jose Sandoval is born.
- Darwin Black and Novak II heist decommissioned Federation vessels.
- Linda Sandoval leaves her family and joins the Rebellion.
- Jericho Sandoval dies in a test of the Artillery Beam for the Federation Cruiser.
- Darwin Black leads the Rebellionís first strike at the Summer Stretch and is "killed" in victory.
- The Federation Civil War begins.
- Ricardo Sandoval joins the Federation space forces.
- Jose Sandoval joins the Federation space forces.
- Galactic Federation leaders are moved to a secret base after a Rebel bombing on Earth.
- Present year.
- The Federation ships attempting to destroy the Flagship are destroyed due to the assistance of other Rebel crafts.
- The crews attempting to bring intel to the Last Stand died with the last one in Sector 0.
- Novak II's Rebel fleet clashes Admiral Tully's fleet and General Turzil's fleet in Sector 8 known as the Last Stand.
- The Rebel fleet bombards the colony where Charlie ends up in with the Zoltan fleet leaving without helping the doomed population.
- Pirates board and massacre the research station in the exit beacon of Sector 1, leaving a few survivors.