- Sid's family return... to dump Granny with him, and get as far away as possible. Sid's reaction to being told this?
- Ah, they wouldn't do that! That's just mean, that's just cruel. That's just... my family.
- Manny and Peaches arguing after he humiliates her in front of Ethan and the teens. It ends with her disowning him. Ouch.Manny: Peaches! Peaches, come on. Let's talk about this!
Peaches: How could you embarrass me in front of my friends?!
Manny: You deliberately went where you weren't supposed to!
Peaches: Aargh! You can't control my life!
Manny: I'm trying to protect you! That's what fathers do!
Peaches:Well... I wish you weren't my father!
(Manny gasps in shock and heartbreak)
- Not long afterwards, the continent plates divides and separate Manny, Sid, and Diego away from Ellie and Peaches. Manny and his family can only watch hopelessly as they separate further and further. As the iceberg holding her father drifts into the distance, Peaches sobs and blames herself for getting separated from her father since the last thing she did was disown Manny. Even Ellie is trying very hard to suppress her own sadness and worry as she tries to calm her daughter.
Manny: STAY ALIVE! No matter how long it takes, I WILL FIND YOU!
Peaches: (sobbing) Mom, this is all my fault! If I had just—
Ellie: Peaches! This is not your fault, Okay?
Peaches: What if I never see him again? And the last thing we did was ''fight''!
Ellie: Hey, your father is the toughest, most stubborn mammoth I've ever met! He'll come back for us. That's a promise.
(Ellie wraps her trunk around her daughter with a look of sadness and worry of her own)
- As the group drifts in the sea, Sid asks Granny why their family hates them. Granny pauses, and in a moment of genuine clarity, admits she knows their family considers them nothing but screw-ups.
- Peaches tries to impress the mammoths by denying her friendship with Louis; unfortunately, he hears her, and then leaves, looking utterly crushed.Louis: (sadly) Good to know. (begins to tunnel away)
Peaches: (feeling bad for hurting Louis' feelings) Louis, wait!
- When Manny with everyone returns to find the bridge where he told Ellie and Peaches to wait for him destroyed with no sign of either one of them; for a brief moment he closes his eyes, clearly thinking he's lost his family a second time. The others also look sad as well, even Granny, who just joined the group and shows further proof that she's not really as crazy as she seems.Manny: Ellie! Peaches!
(the remains of the rock wall fall into the sea)
Diego: Oh, no. The land bridge!
Sid: But if it's gone, then how're we gonna—?
Manny: No! They have to be on the other side!
Diego: Manny, there is no other side.
Manny: They have to be here! ELLIE! PEACHES! I'M HERE! (No response) Please! She's gotta be here! (Sid, Diego and even Granny slump sadly; Manny closes his eyes in despair)
Tear Jerker / Ice Age 4: Continental Drift