- Church refusing to help Twilight get home is enough to make you feel bad for Twilight, but the ultimate Kick the Dog moment is his response to her last plea, and this is just Chapter 2!Twilight: If you dont help me I could be trapped here forever! My friends, my family will never know what happened to me! Dont you care?Church: Honestly? No Twilight, I dont give a shit about what happens to you.
- The build-up and death of M.I. Rainbow Dash. At this point, the M.I. believes she's really Rainbow and begs her "friends" in the most tear-inducing way possible not to let Sunset Shimmer kill her, but they don't intervene. Her implanted memories quickly fade as she has no idea who she is before she dies. This scene is very painful to read. You have been warned.
- Pinkie Pie after she's freed from O'Malley. Having him in her mind affected her so badly, that she ends up avoiding her friends at all costs because she's afraid that one day, she might end up doing horrible things to them like O'Malley did.
- "She just didn't know what went wrong." Or, how to make the entire fandom want Meta's head on a pike.
- Grif finding out Kaikaina is dead. Oh, boy. Where to begin?
Simmons: Okay, I like seeing Grif suffer as much as the next guy, but I gotta admit, that was low even for you, sir.
- For starters, we see her body, so it's canon in this universe.
- When the Reds reunite, Grif was just telling the group how he managed to lead a successful mission against the Freelancers with only one casualty, and it leads into a nasty argument between him and Sarge. In an effort to one-up Grif's scathing insult, Sarge bluntly tells him that his sister is dead complete with adding that she's probably being a tramp in death like she was when she was alive to put it lightly.
Grif: I wasnt there! I was never there when she needed me! I wanted to be there for her, but then mom left and I had to support us by myself and then I got drafted...a one man draft! Can you believe that bullshit?! She was so damn shy and nervous all the time, I just wanted her to be happy! I didnt think shed turn out like...that. He was my friend, and he was her age...they got along pretty well, so I thought Id get em together. And they were doin well for awhile...she was happy! She was confident! But then he started getting her mixed up with his fuckin junkie pals, and suddenly shes a fuckin addict! Fuckin asshole leaves her as soon as he gets bored screwing her so she finds comfort with another guy whos just as bad, then another guy, then another guy and before I know it shes addicted to that too! Then I got drafted and I had to leave her all alone and...This...this makes no sense. I lost her years ago...so why the fuck does it hurt so much now?
- And to twist the knife further, Grif's complete breakdown when Fluttershy proves that she's dead by giving him her dog tags.
- Because of how similar Kaikaina was to Fluttershy before she spiraled, when Grif hugs Fluttershy, he's holding his sister again one last time. Damn, Flynt.
- In a way, Agent Maine's death. After Twilight is able to reclaim Church's AI chip from him, he doesn't even try to attack; he just looks at the blood—both dried and fresh—on his hand for a long moment, then willingly lets himself drop into a lava-filled chasm. Applejack wonders if that meant he'd been able to see clearly again in that moment; it's easy to consider that perhaps he'd been considering the full ramifications of his actions up to that point, including the fight that he'd just had with someone who'd been willing to trust him, only to be backstabbed when the Meta resurfaced.
Tearjerker / I Against I, Me Against You