The Justo (Tomás and Natalia) and the Romano (Verónica and Alfredo) are two neighbor families, and best friends ever. However, Vero loved Tomás in secret since high school, and only got married with Alfred to stay close to him. She revealed it in the first episode, when a mistaken medical report said that she was about to die. Then it was revealed that Tomás also loved her in secret since then, so they started a romance.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Tomás and Vero frequently look to the camera and voice to the audience their opinions of the things going on, and the other characters next to them do not seem to hear those comments. In the first episode, they narrated their own life stories and related characters this way.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Redondo is loyal to the death to Shimmy. He's the one who actually runs the school's finances, while Shimmy is always lost in his antics to do any actual work.
- I Coulda Been a Contender!: Susan Cordero could have been a top supermodel, but left her career to live with Douglas Fox. Douglas left her and sought other women, and now she laments of all the things that could have been.
- It's All About Me: Shimmy, Vero's chief at the driving school, is the living embodiment of this trope.
- Motive Decay: Alfred started as a fan of the video game "Galaxa", always playing it and talking about his high scores. This interest was slowly dropped in later episodes (probably because the writers did not find any interesting stories to take from that)
- Ms. Fanservice: Floro is always dressed in very revealing clothes, and will frequently bare her midriff.
- Too Dumb to Live: Tomás' father Eugenio Justo abused of smoke and alcohol drinks, and was always Angrish. Eventually, this caused a hearth attack. He was sent to the hospital, and recovered. The first thing he did after leaving the hospital, against all advises, was to get an overdose of smoke and drinks. If that hearth attack did not kill him, nothing will! Some minutes later he had a new hearth attack, and this time he died for good.
- Two Halves Make a Plot: Trying to force them into making a scandal, Alfredo took a photo of Tomas and Vero kissing, broke it in half, and made sure that each family's children found a half. They put the halves toguether, and discovered that they were lovers.