The gang ends up in a murderhouse in Slovakia. Think Texas Chainsaw meets Blair Witch.
- Genius Loci: The house is alive, always has been. And it grants wishes! Except that it's stuck in thrall to Katie. Once upon a time it was a happy house. Katie's not the victim. She's the monster. The house always tries to warn people away.
- A God Am I: Katie claims to be Death.
- Good News, Bad News: Jenkins does this. The good news is that there will be no magical cataclysm. The bad news is, they're stuck in a mysterious house that's trying to kill them.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: Katie starts creepily singing "She'll Be Coming 'Round The Mountain" shortly after revealing herself as the real villain.
- Mundane Utility: Jones uses the magical house to play video games and eat samosas.
- Psychopathic Woman Child: Katie comes across this way, between her creepy nursery-rhyme singing and her forgetting whether the begging or the crying comes first.
- This Is the Part Where...: As the team encounters multiple strange events the more time they spend in the house, Ezekiel frequently mentions "this is exactly the point in the movie where the guy in the audience says, "get the hell out" and laments how no one listens to "guy in the movies that wants to leave".