Jordan investigates Sanctum. Meanwhile, Octavia and Diyoza discover the threats of the new planet firsthand. Josephine tries to keep her identity a secret.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Josephine offers Murphy immortality for himself and Emori if he helps her fool the others into believing she's Clarke.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Josephine is really not very good at pretending to be Clarke. In her defense, she's not really trying.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Subverted. Murphy and Bellamy think this is what's happening with Jordan when Delilah doesn't acknowledge him after they slept together. However, Jordan is right that something is wrong since Delilah is now Priyah VII.
- The Heart: Jordan references how Bellamy used to be this before Primfiya.
- Hypocrite: When her parents start preaching ethics, Josephine reminds them that Clarke didn't consent to giving up her body for Josephine.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Josephine stabs Kaylee in the neck, while also revealing that Kaylee was the one who killed her last host.
- Internal Reveal: The main characters find a room full of skeletons and a video diary kept by Gabriel explaining his experiments and the secret of the Primes.
- Not Himself: Josephine gives herself away a few times in the episode, just enough for Bellamy and Murphy to notice it's not Clarke and put two-and-two together after having seen Gabriel's videos explaining how the Primes operate:
- She refers to Murphy as "John" several times
- She writes with the wrong hand in front of Abby
- She has no qualms letting Madi go to school
- She hesitates just a second too long when anyone speaks Trig to her, and never really addresses what is being said
- She is generally happy, to the point where Bellamy remarks on it (after which she quips about having slept with someone the night before, much to his confusion and/or discomfort)
- Super Breeding Program: When Russell explains that there are no more Nightbloods, Josephine says this wouldn't have been a problem if they had gone with her breeding program...
- Villainous Crush: Josephine calls Murphy cute, and he's the one she's seeks out for help in fooling the others.