Kyoko helps the LME president's granddaughter heal from a childhood tragedy, and in return she should have earned a free ride through the LME training school. But the other students throw a fit, and now she still has to pay. In order to support the high cost of the program, Kyoko gets a job as a seat filler on a TV show. But when one of the characters gets sick, Kyoko has to fill in — in a chicken suit! To make matters worse, Sho is the guest star! Will Kyoko destroy her only chance of revenge?
This volume contains the chapters:
- Act 18. "The Miraculous Language of Angels, part 3" note
- Act 19. "The Blue on Her Palm" note
- Act 20. "The Cursed Night" note
- Act 21. "A One-in-a-Million Change for Revenge" note
- Act 22. "That's the Rule" note
- Act 23. "The True Face of the Storm" note
Chapters in this volume provide examples of:
- Barehanded Blade Block: In an interesting variant, Kyoko-in-a-chicken-suit catches Sho's hand as he attempts to pull off the head of her costume - the panel is even labelled "Catching a Naked Sword." She retaliates with the beak of the chicken suit, but he catches the beak barehanded.
- Embarrassing Animal Suit: Overlaps with Goofy Suit: the "Bo the Chicken" suit that Kyoko has to wear is bulky and hilarious.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo managa after all - most chapters have a few instances of panel backgrounds filling with unexplained flowers.
- Goofy Suit: Overlaps with Embarrassing Animal Suit - when Moko volunteers the Love Me Section to fill in for a sick crew member on Yappa Kimagure Rock, she does so without knowing that the volunteer has to wear a full-body mascot suit. Once she finds this out, she foists the job off on Kyoko.
- Security Blanket: Kyoko's "Corn" stone, given to her by a mysterious childhood friend. Just holding it can make her feel better when she's down, and she believes the stone can absorb her sadness.
- Show Within a Show: Yappa Kimagure Rock is a type 1 example, with "characters involved in the production of the show."
- Studio Audience: Kyoko and Moko were originally sent to fill part of the audience in Yappa Kimagure Rock, but Kyoko gets roped into something a little more exciting.