Japanese Title: Satoshi visits Kaki!
Original Airdate: January 19, 2017
US Airdate: May 27, 2017
Ash goes for a ride with Kiawe, and visits his family's farm on Akala Island. Will some hard work be crashed by Team Skull?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptation Expansion: In the Sun and Moon game, Charizard is the only flight-capable Ride Pokémon available. In the anime, it adds Pelipper as an option.
- Big Brother Instinct: Kiawe is overly protective of his little sister, Meemo.
- Camera Fiend: RotomDex makes sure to get pictures of Kiawe's parents.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: This time, Ash doesn't even need Kiawe to face a group of Team Skull grunts.
- Meanwhile, Back at the...: We get two brief scenes of Team Rocket being cuddled by a sleeping Bewear.Jessie: I don't care if I'm being cuddled. I'm still bored.
James: Could be worse.
Meowth: Maybe we should get back to work.
- Now You Tell Me: Kiawe twice warns Ash about what happens when you get too close to a Mudbray (face full of mud, kicked sky-high)—after it's already happened to him.