Sarah and Siobhan follow a lead on a Neolution defector, hoping for enough leverage to free Kira from Dyad's clutches. Also, Cosima investigates rumors about a creature in the woods.
- Adult Fear: Sarah is concerned that her daughter won't talk to her about what's going on, and then learns that Kira has been self-harming.
- Body Horror: The fate of the man who was being experimented on at Revival.
- The Bus Came Back:
- Adele returns to help out Clone club after Mrs. S. lets her in on the secret.
- The mental patient Mrs. S. and Sarah visit is Dr. Coady, under the alias Alex Ripley.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: The reason Westmoreland decided to heal Susan.
- Don't Go in the Woods: There's someone haunting the forests around Revival. Mud knows about it but refuses to tell anyone what's going on, so Cosima decides to investigate.
- Gender-Blender Name: "Alex Ripley", Dr. Coady's current alias. Siobhan carefully uses gender-neutral pronouns to refer to her until right before Sarah meets her.
- Motifs: Difficult mother-daughter relationships. Kira is refusing to speak to Sarah. Sarah pretends to have a fight with Mrs. S to steal Dr. Perkins' identity. Dr. Perkins is being sued by her daughter. Susan confronts Westmoreland for turning Rachel against her.
- Self-Harm: The injury on Kira's shoulder was self-inflicted. She wanted to see how fast she could heal.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Susan has a sordid past with Westmoreland, but agrees to continue working with him to protect her loved ones.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Felix is not amused when Mrs. S. decides to invite his sister into the conspiracy without telling him.