While Andrew is self-conscious of his out-of-control hormones, Nick angsts about his lack thereof. Again.
- Brick Joke: Maury makes a few jokes on shaving, one of which making something called "Daylight Shavings Time". Later in the episode, the sign outside the school says "Set your clock for Daylight Shavings Time".
- Didn't Think This Through: Running away from home led to several disastrous instances befalling Jessi and Jay.
- The Dog Bites Back: Andrew reaches his breaking point with his father at the basketball game near the end and proceeds to deviate from the game to attack him.
- Height Angst: Nick is not happy to be the shortest player in basketball.
- Hope Spot: When Jessi returns home, her parents say that they'll work harder to be good parents. However, when Jessi asks if that means that they're getting back together, they reply in the negative.
- Sarcasm Failure: After Nick asks when people other kids got so tall in the middle of a basketball game, Caleb gives the scientific answer.