- The beginning of a story is a sudden event; the start, a happy accident, the end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a sad fate.
- Truth is a shy little thing. If you approach it, it will hide. Truth is a lonesome little thing. If you move away from it, it will give chase.
- May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory.
- Stories aren't always guaranteed a happily ever after.
- There's nothing more boring than a perfect heroine!
- And so, the prince and the princess lived happily ever... Happily!? Happiness in stories is, at most, a trifling matter of a couple of lines at the end the epitome of boredom. Now, show me a magnificent tragedy! A cataclysm of tears from which not one of the players is saved, and to which a happy ending never comes!
- Welcome to the stage I've been saving. Now. tell me the best story that was ever told! Tell it to me with no regard for your lives!
- The Oak Tree
- What you can see cannot be seen. What you can hear makes no sound.
- See what cannot be seen. Hear what cannot be heard.
- Submerge yourself in the bog of truth that lies far, far away.
- Everything is one. One is everything. All stories are spun into one... The beginning is the end. The end is the beginning. The start is a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. Existence is false. Truth is nothingness.
- I just want the power to protect people.
- She couldnt be drowning in there, could she? Can ducks drown? No, knowing her, its possible.
Quotes / Princess Tutu