Heh-heh. ... You said "Playing with."
Basic Trope: Characters giggling at (what they perceive as) a Double Entendre.
- Straight: "We gotta blow into the hole!" "Heh-heh. You said 'blow.'"
- Exaggerated: "Nice booby traps." "Heh-heh. You said 'booby.'"
- Downplayed: "But fuck it." "Heh-heh. You said 'buttfuck.'"
- Justified: The character has a dirty mind.
- Inverted: A character perceives a Double Entendre as completely innocent, e.g., "Wanna ride on my cock?" "You have a giant rooster?"
- Subverted: "Nice booby traps." "Heh-heh. You said 'traps.'"
- Double Subverted: "How is "trap" dirty?" "Heh-heh. You said 'dirty.'"
- Zig-Zagged: The character chuckles at some perceived Double Entendres but not others.
- Averted: No one laughs at any perceived Double Entendres.
- Enforced: Well, it is a sex comedy.
- Lampshaded: "Get your mind out of the gutter!"
- Invoked: It was an intentional Double Entendre.
- Exploited: The Rival to the character who giggles at these jokes keeps saying things like this to incapacitate them.
- Defied: Phrases are worded carefully to avoid a Double Entendre unless the character speaking intends to make it one.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Yeesh, this exchange is only funny if you're thirteen and immature. Like most people that age!"
- Implied: Bob has been shown as a Manchild and he's chuckling at what Alice just said while she's doing a Face Palm.
Back to Heh Heh, You Said "X"