Spoilers off on moments pages.
- Not many in this film, but there's a small one just before the final fight with the nihilists, when Donny is frightened and Walter, for once in his life, takes a break from berating him to say that he's not going to let anybody hurt him."Are these guys gonna hurt us, Walter?""No no, it's okay Donny; these men are cowards."
- An easy miss moment where it shows that Walter does care for Donny is during Marty's dance recital. Donny remarks how he enjoys In-N-Out Burgers, to which Walter as usual tells him to shut the fuck up. Not long after, Walter assures Donny that yes, they'll grab some burgers after they deal with Larry.
- The fact that they go to Marty's recital at all counts as well. There don't seem to be many people in the audience, but at least the Dude is there, having taken some time out of his day to support his friend.
- After all the verbal abuse Walter gives Donny it's really touching seeing Walter comfort his friend as he literally dies in his arms . Also following that, at Donny's funeral, Walter gives a eulogy which ends with him referencing 'Nam again and shaking Donny's ashes in the Dude's face. The Dude angrily yells at Walter. Walter's reaction: hugs the Dude and quietly suggest they go bowling.
- While Maude has her own agenda when she has sex with the Dude, afterwards she seems genuinely interested in learning more about him and they share a quiet snuggle.
- Though the Big Lebowski is horribly unpleasant, smug, elitist, and embezzled money from the Urban Achievers, it's touching when the Dude asked Walter to help pick him up off the floor.