- Hazel's birth.
- Izabel deciding to help Alana and Marko in spite of the possibility that either Alana's or Marko's race caused the genocide of Izabel's people.
- The Will killing Slave Girl's pimp and his later rescue of her.
- Barr inquiring about Hazel.Barr: Is it...normal?Alana: No, she's fucking perfect!
- Later that issue, Barr holds his granddaughter and says to himself (or her), "Hazel, eh? Beautiful goddamn name."
- Marko's father asks Alana why she has risked so much to be with Marko. She replies "Because your son is so goddamn beautiful." He chuckles that looks don't last, and then she really makes you want to get the tissues when she says "I wasn't talking about his looks".
- Can also cross over into Tear Jerker, but Barr's reason for not telling Marko or Klara why he had an incurable disease and is dying.Barr: Because I don't want my final days in this universe to be filled with pity and sorrow. I want to spend this time doing what I like best for the people I care about most.
- Alana and Marko's first kiss. She finds out he's being transferred from her prison to Blacksite, which is a death sentence. Marko knows, but he's accepted his fate. So Alana shoots off his ball and chain.Marko: Why are you doing this?Alana: Why do you think?
- The Will giving Slave Girl a name - Sophie.
- Made more heartwarming when it's revealed in issue 18 that The Will named Sophie after his sister, The Brand, who he had been estranged with.
- From issue 14.Sophie: My name is Sophie. I am six and a half years old.Lying Cat: (silent)Sophie: I can stand on one leg for a real long time. My favorite color is blue-green. I want to be a doctor or a dancer when I am grown up.Lying Cat: (silent)Sophie: I am all dirty on the inside because I did bad things with...Lying Cat: LYINGSophie: (hugs Lying Cat)
- From issue 18, when Alana flies for the first time:Alana: How? How did you know...?Marko: What, that my wife can do anything? Isn't it obvious?
- After Alana and Marko's fight, Izabel tells Alana about her regrets of breaking up with her girlfriend in order to convince her to forgive Marko since "if you find someone who can forgive all your bullshit...the least you can do is try to forgive them."
- Doubles as a Tearjerker: Yuma knocks Ghus out to prevent him from sacrificing himself to stop a fire in the ship.
- Marko and Alana finally embracing one another after Dengo kidnapped her.
- Prince Robot IV holding his son for the first time.
- In issue #36, Marko and Alana find the prison where Klara and Hazel have been kept, and Marko teleports in to rescue them. When he and Hazel see each other for the first time in at least four years, Hazel is frozen motionless. Marko brings out her old stuffed toy Ponk Konk, thinking that she'd remember it even if she didn't remember him. Halfway through his trying to jog her memory, Hazel (who actually did recognize him, she was just shocked by his sudden appearance) snaps out of her freez and runs over to hug him, repeating "Daddy. Daddy. Daddy."
- Squire meeting Hazel. As they run off to play, Future Hazel calls Squire her new brother.
- When Prince Robot is captured by The Will, he sells out Hazel in exchange for his own life... and unknown to him, within earshot of Marko. Despite this, Marko instantly forgives Prince Robot and tries to negotiate the Prince's safety, reassuring him that his son is safe. Prince Robot's display clearly shows how much he appreciated this gesture and he at least dies happy when The Will declines to negotiate and kills him.
- This is compounded by Marko's next actions, going berserk and absolutely flattening The Will, with the kind of fury he normally only shows when his own family is threatened.
Heartwarming / Saga