- Ash letting Emily know that she's beautiful without the headband.
- Cassiel shows she has a heart.
- The spirit Katie's sister realizing it's time to let go and let her live her own life.
- The entire sequence of Emily visiting Molly in the hospital. Just by nature of the fact that, after all the two have been through, Emily still comes really warms the heart. Molly's reaction also arguably makes it a Tear Jerker.
- There's something oddly heartwarming about Rumisiel seeing snow for the first time.
- Emily not only has a solution to Ash's problem, she shows her solidarity as well.
- Ash's mother comforting her at the restaurant after her fight with Emily and holding her.
- Rumisiel telling a suicidal guy like it is. It actually works!
- Emily and her mother bonding over classic Mustang Emily received from Ash's winning against Burt.
- Rumisiel shows some Character Development.
- "I'll always be ready. You'll always be my daughter. That will never change."
- Ash's last day of high school was a rather emotionally rough, one might even say wangsty, affair — and in fairness, it can be a confusing and scary life change without surprising gender changes and Heavenly issues — so this makes for a nice ending to it.
- Emily truly understanding Ash's feelings about the Misfile. Not heartwarming by itself but what she does with this realization could certainly be considered that.
- Emily asks Ash how he feels about them being together, and he explains how he has so many conflicting feelings and desires it's like being trapped in a flood and clinging desperately to the floating bits.Emily (depressed): It almost sounds like you hate it when we're together...Ash: No! Not at all. Don't you get it. That stupid flood is always there. YOU ARE the floating bits. YOU keep me from going under!
Heartwarming / Misfile