- Kate's is deathly afraid that Curran chose to mate with her specifically because she was the daughter of Roland and her power might be used to protect the Pack. When she asks if he's thought about her bloodline, he says he has...and goes on to reveal that he's been setting up safehouses all over the country and squirreling away money for them to live on, so they can take her kid and disappear. Because he knows that if he were ever crippled, the Pack would soon forget he ever existed, while Kate would spend the rest of her life caring for him, because she truly loves him.
- And at the end of Magic Breaks, he does. He asks Kate if she likes being Consort—clearly fully willing to fight the most powerful man on the planet if she wants to—and when she says she doesn't, he steps down as Alpha without a moment's hesitation.
- Ascanio and his mother were separated for the first 15 years of his life, so they're still getting to know each other. Ascanio tries to make his mom happy by buying her scented soaps, which he knows she likes. She now has two drawerfuls.
- This conversation Between Kate and Curran in Magic Rises.Curran: "I love you and you love me, and we're both too fucked up for anyone else. Who else would have us?"Kate: "Well, clearly we're both crazy and this relationship is doomed."
- Involving Hugh d'Ambray, of all people: at the end of Iron and Magic, after they spend the whole book fighting and resenting each other for the fact they need each other, Elara tells him that Baile is his home and she will always come rescue him if he needs it. Even more heartwarming is that she manifested her Eldritch Abomination powers to go and save him, despite how difficult and frightening opening herself that much to the white being is.
- It turns out that when she's not trying to raze the nearest city or commit Suicide by Cop, Erra is actually really good at being an aunt. Also counts as a Tearjerker, as that's what she'd rather have spent her life on.
Heartwarming / Kate Daniels