For examples specific to the 2000 film, see here.
- "Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing. Without any presents at all!
He hadn't stopped Christmas from coming! It came!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!"
- "Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
'Maybe Christmas,' he thought, 'doesn't come from a store.'
'Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more!'
And what happened then...? Well, in Who-ville they say,
That the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
he whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he, he himself, The Grinch carved the roast beast!"
- This adorable Macy's commercial for Grinch plush toys. Cindy Lou makes the Grinch's heart light up just by squeezing his hand.
The Animated Special
- "Welcome, Christmas. Bring your cheer. Cheer to all Whos, far and near.
Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp.
Christmas Day will always be, just as long as we have we.
Welcome, Christmas, while we stand, heart-to-heart, and hand-in-hand."
- Having talented-voiced Boris Karloff narrating the animated special makes it all work for the better.
- In the animated special, where Cindy Lou makes sure Max gets a big slice of roast beast for himself, something he so deserves after all the abuse the Grinch put him through in the story.
- Even better in the live-action version, in which Max gets his own chair at the table right next to Cindy.
- Max looks incredibly cute and eager when he thinks he's going to be riding in the sleigh, not pulling it. Then when the Grinch has his change of heart and bring the Whos' stuff back, Max does get to ride in the sleigh and is bursting with happiness and excitement.