- The show hardly ever ventured into heartwarming territory, but it made an exception in "Office Management", the Christmas Episode. In it, Laura seems more despondent than usual, including saying she won't be coming into work because she has to get her watch fixed. A change in titles doesn't lift her spirits, so Dr. Katz throws an office Christmas party. As expected, it's pretty lame, since the office only has two employees. Laura only stays at the party for about a minute (especially after hearing Ben was going to be dropping by later), but on the way out:Laura: Dr. Katz?
Dr. Katz: Yeah.
- In "Miles Away", Laura is actually cheerful for the first time in the series. Granted, she's like that because Ben is away on a trip, but still, it's pretty sweet seeing her upbeat. Of course, she immediately becomes surly again when Ben calls her from afar.
- The last shot of "Walk for Hunger" is warm: It's Dr. Katz and Laura carrying Ben the rest of the way in the charity walk. Doubly so for a time, because at the time this episode first aired, it was the last Dr. Katz episode on TV (giving it a "series finale" feel) until Comedy Central aired the remaining unaired episodes at the end of the year.
- Laura caring for the injured baby bird in "Ben Centennial".
- To a lesser extent, Laura brings a dog to the office in "Past Lives".
Heartwarming / Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist