- Digger hugging Ed after his own daughter basically rejected him. Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Most of the fans refusing to whine about Ed's death and instead, simply mourning the passing of a brave character.
- A cute moment as Shadowchild is left to ponder the implications of Herne's story."Maybe I was a white bird after all."
- In Digger and Ed's first meeting, Digger apologizes for trespassing. Ed then asks Digger to stay as a guest, but fails to remember how a proper invitation/welcome goes. Digger asks if it's a ploy to get Digger off-guard and eat her later, but Ed insists:"NO! Mousie is guest! It can't remember the words, but it meant them."
- As horrible as the story of Ed's exile is, the birth of his child is wonderfully happy.
- The Shadowchild gives Grim Eyes a hug.
Heartwarming / Digger