Heartwarming moments in the Black Crayons series:
- In general, expect Ironhide and Annabelle's interactions to be this.
- Bookworm Gal choosing to keep Mikaela in the series in comparison to the character's treatment in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. This decision was appreciated by the readers.
- Annabelle considering Ironhide to be one of her best friends.
- Annabelle making sure to include Ironhide's cannons in all of her drawings of him in robot form is quite the 'aww' inducing moment.
- Annabelle drawing a picture of Cybertron so Ironhide can still see his home. The Autobot keeps the picture safely in the glove compartment of his truck form.
Everybody Needs a Birthday
Babysitting, Take Two
When I Grow Up
- Annabelle's class is being asked what they want to be when they grow up and Annabelle musing about her father and Ironhide's work. When it came for her turn, she told her teacher that she wanted to be a hero. Just like her father and Ironhide.
- When Annabelle is frustrated at Carl scaring the other children, Mikaela pulls her aside and tells her to calm down as Carl will receive his comeuppance without her intervention.
- Annabelle's first meeting with Ratchet is pretty cute.
- After Annabelle and Optimus Prime's conversation, the child acknowledges that the Autobot leader is very busy and Optimus replies with this:Optimus Prime: Never too busy to have a very enlightening conversation with such a bright child.
My First Decepticon
- Wheelie giving advice to Annabelle on how to deal with the Decepticons should she come across one.
- Ironhide and Annabelle's phone chat at the end.
A Child's Innocence
- As opposed to Carly Spencer in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Mikaela Banes is much more supportive of Sam Witwicky for his decision to help the Autobots.
- In Chapter 2, Sam complimenting Mikaela's skills and her current occupation regardless of whether this makes him look inferior.Sam: Hey, I'm a modern man. I'm secure with my sexuality. I can handle the fact that my gorgeous, brilliant, and extremely talented girlfriend can be successful at whatever she does.
- In Chapter 3, Sam manages to get a job and regardless of how meaningful it is, Mikaela is still proud of him.
- In Chapter 10, after treating Ironhide's injuries, Ratchet assures him that Annabelle is unharmed and wants to speak with him. He then allows the two to speak privately.
- In Chapter 11, while it is a Tear Jerker that Annabelle is reduced to tears when the Autobots are seemingly killed in the Xanthium explosion, it is still touching for Simmons to comfort her especially given how the two first reacted to each other in Summer Vacation.
- Not to mention Dutch scolding everyone else for not even trying to comfort Annabelle when she is crying.
- In Chapter 21, Sam's proposal to Mikaela and the Autobots are there to witness it.Mikaela: I love this car. And I definitely love the driver.
- In Chapter 22, as soon as the fight with Sentinel and Megatron is over, Optimus quickly searches for the human who tried to take on Sentinel, Annabelle Lennox, and gently picks her up to get her medical treatment.
- Ratchet also reassuring the Autobot leader that Annabelle is not in any life-threatening situation.
- In Chapter 23, the Autobots being informed that Annabelle has woken up.
- The final scene of the story is Annabelle reuniting with Ironhide.
Not According to Plan
- In the opening chapter, Annabelle comforting some children in the aftermath of the Decepticons' attack on Chicago.
- Regardless of what happened to Izabella's parents, she can tell the difference between good and bad robots.
- In Chapter 2, when Annabelle talks about how humans can live alongside the Autobots, Izabella agrees with her.
- In Chapter 3, Annabelle successfully convinces the other children that Wheelie isn't dangerous and they become more interested in him. She also adds that Wheelie is her friend and Mikaela cares about him.
- In Chapter 5, Ironhide and Chromia being sure not to scare the children.
- What is it that drives Annabelle to lead the other kids to attack the teenagers? Tommy badmouthing Ironhide and Chromia.
- In Chapter 6, Ironhide and Chromia showing concern when they hear that the teenagers have kidnapped Annabelle and the other children.
- Sam comforting Mikaela when she's worried about where Wheelie is.
- Izabella recognizing the Autobots' heroics and asking Wheelie to introduce her to Chromia and Ironhide.
- In Chapter 7, Mikaela showing her concern for Wheelie after hearing that he was kidnapped.Sam: (after Mikaela slaps Emily) Yeowch. A bit harsh, don't you think?
Mikaela: Like you wouldn't do the same if someone messed with Bee. Wheelie is my responsibility and she's not allowed to get away with something like that.
- Wheelie introducing Izabella to Mikaela and Izabella immediately looking up to the young woman.Izabella: Well, I'm going to be like her when I grow up.
- The Autobots showing their soft sides for children. The best part about all of this is that it proves the teenagers dead wrong about all Cybertronians being heartless monsters.
Mirage: (to Arcee) Your sister was right. There's a whole pack of younglings over here.
- Bumblebee takes extra care to not harm the children with his giant size and even helping Gwen over a pile of rubble, something that Sam notices and is impressed by.
- Annabelle and Ironhide talking about the teenagers' stupidity and how Annabelle went with the other children to protect them. Annabelle is also joyful at Ironhide being happy.
- Arcee, Mirage, and Sideswipe appearing with Gwen happily greeting them.
Arcee: (teasing) And she and Ironhide were going to keep them all for themselves. Too bad. You're going to have to share.
Gwen: (approaching Arcee, Peter in tow; awed) Robots can have sisters?
Chromia: Yes, we can. I'd like you to meet Arcee.
Gwen: You're really pretty. Both of you.
Arcee: And you're very nice.
[She] grinned. No one ever said it out loud, but she could tell Autobots liked children. She knew Cybertronians lived a long time and she'd never seen a kid robot, even if she mistaken Wheelie for one initially. But whenever one of them called her a "youngling," she could tell they treated her like one of their own kids. So letting Cybertronians meet all these children made the Autobots happy and made her new friends happy. And that made her happy.
- Annabelle thinking about how the Autobots treat her like she was their own child.
Plus, it showed all those mean teenagers that they were wrong. It proved that Autobots were good. It proved that they were nice. And it proved that Autobots and humans could be friends. Watching the other kids getting along with the Cybertronians so easily, the teenagers would have to see the truth.
- In Chapter 8, Ironhide reassuring the kids that they are not in trouble for the teenagers' actions."Why should younglings be punished for the actions of their elders and caretakers? They should have known better."
- This discussion concerning the Autobots accompanying the children back to the daycare.Annabelle: Mommy, can we come back with Ironhide and the others? We'll be good.
Sarah: Only if they aren't too busy with cleanup.
Chromia: Too busy for Annabelle? Never.
- And later, Gwen and Izabella requesting to ride along with Arcee and Chromia.
- Izabella and Wheelie's discussion with Wheelie suggesting that the child stay with him, Mikaela and Sam.