- This exchange:Simon: Thank you, Melvin. You overwhelm me. (beat) I love you.Melvin: I tell ya, buddy, I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me.
- The scene in the main page's picture when Melvin picks up Verdell and everyone around him smiles as he showers affection on the dog. It's also a Funny Moment, because he's doing that out of happiness that he'd trained the dog to avoid stepping on cracks.
- Melvin's second compliment to Carol, which manages to blow away his already amazing first one. ("You make me want to be a better man.")Melvin: I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer... "Spence." And in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good... about me. Is that something that's bad for you to be around?
- Despite having no romantic interest in Carol, Simon gives her an amazing compliment that jump-starts their friendship almost immediately: "You're why cavemen chiseled on walls."
- Melvin tries to cheer Simon up by claiming that the dog only likes him because he keeps bacon in his pocket. And then the dog runs to him, ignoring the bacon Simon is holding, ruining the effect.
Heartwarming / As Good as It Gets