- Depending on particulars, Simurgh ought to actually be able to track things in real-time. As one story (where neutrino and gravity physics were involved in handwaving remote post-cognition) pointed out, post-cognition of "one millionth of a second ago" is essentially indistinguishable from real-time viewing, except when we're talking about high-speed electronic responses. Combine it with remote viewing ability, and you have claircognizance in all but name. Welcome to the world of glass kiddos.
- Well,Simurgh doesn't even treat it as a weakness,so he might do already.Also,we do not know what "present"means for the Simurgh:it might mean one millisecond,it might mean half a second,it might mean one second,it might even mean 10 seconds or a minute.
Guessing Powers from Names
- In the Agnosia arc, why can't Skitter (or anyone else) guess what peoples powers are from their names? They still have background knowledge, and that should be enough to remember "You are likely to be eaten by a grue" and similar reasons for codenames.
- For Grue specifically: How many people of Taylor's age have played that game? (The sheer stress of the situation also plays a role. Or it could be a side effect of the gas, making it harder to make connections that fill in the gaps?)
- Good luck guessing Tattletale's power.Good luck guessing whether Bitch can transform into a dog,control dogs,or power up dogs.Good luck guessing whether Bonesaw's name is literal or misleading.That's not even getting to people like Legend,or to the fact the only way to find out a person has that name is for him to tell you,and,well,the S9 lie.
Leviathan Attacking Madrid
- In Interlude 24 we see part of a list of Endbringers' attacks. Leviathan rises from the ocean in order to strike, attacking cities near coast. So it must have been a strange Christmas when he appeared in Madrid in 1998, nearly at the center of hispanic peninsula. Did he went up the Tago river?
- Maybe he broke the peninsula on an earlier attack so now Madrid is close enough to the ocean?
Bitch's Power: Wolves or Dogs?
- Bitch's power is meant for wolves, not dogs. That's why when she powered up Bastard, it was smoother than with dogs. So why is her brain like a dog's and not like a wolf's?
- Because there's not that much of a difference-a dog is, psychologically speaking, a wolf who's better at reading social cues and less skittish around humans. Honestly, Rachel could be thinking like a wolf-it fits her personality.
- Her power is meant for Coyotes, not wolves or dogs. Her brain is the way it is more due to poor socialization as a child than anything to do with her power.
- Bitch's power works on every animal in the Canidae family, per Word of God. Also, her mind is a mixture of both. Some manner of social disorder and improper social environments in combination with her power messing it all up even further so that her ability to socialize is less human and more animal/pack oriented.
Taylor and Martial Arts
- Taylor lives in a bad neighborhood, and her dad worries enough about her safety to buy her pepper spray. Why did he not sign her up for martial arts? Not only would a city the size of Brockton Bay probably have at least a handful of dojos, but Brian/Grue mentions training in Tae Kwon Do and Krav Maga for short periods of time, so it seems like there would be dojos available. Practicing martial arts is a popular way for bullying victims to raise their self-esteem, and knowing how to break a choke hold would give Taylor an advantage over any thug who harassed her during her morning run. If the resources were available and the benefits common knowledge, why would her dad not sign her up?
- A common belief is that education = encouragement. In other words, that teaching someone how to do something can be construed as encouraging them to actively use that skill. Its a common argument against self-defense training: Teach someone to fight and theyll go looking for a fight. And while it sounds silly, it does have some basis, as someone who is simply taught a skill without also being educated in how and when to use it can misuse that skill, so a poor class can be worse than no classes. This could be a justification for why Taylors dad didnt sign her up for such a class. While not 100% rational, its certainly been used in real life.
- So Coil faked his own death along with Über, L33t and Circus. But those three showed up again in costume. Wouldn't people catch up quickly that there were shenanigans?
- It is, I believe, established that powers in the Worm-verse are not genetic. Instead, the reason children of parahumans tend to manifest powers is because they are receiving "buds" off of their parent's Shards. Given that, how did Amy manifest biokinetic powers when she hadn't been around her father since she was five? Shouldn't she have triggered with something related to the Dallon's (or perhaps the Pelham's) powers?
- I don't remember when that was established. Perhaps just 5 years with her father was enough, and she triggered soon after.
- It's established that the budding can happen many years before the triggering. If Marquis' shard was aware of the danger of the birdcage, it may have chosen to bud when he was caught, if not earlier.