- A lyric in the song "Who Will Buy?":
There'll never be a day so sunny —
It could not happen twice.
Where is the man we owe the money?
It's cheap at half the price!
** Isn't anything cheap at half the price? Don't they mean "it's cheap at twice the price"?
- No. They mean "it's cheap at half the price". What they're essentially saying is that it's cheap because it's at half-price, therefore it's the perfect time to buy it. It's like a "limited offer" type thing nowadays; it's basically stating that it's a great deal so it shouldn't be wasted. (Also, the lyric is "where is the man with all the money").
- We see Fagin and Dodger go off into the sunrise toward the end of the film. What happens to Fagin's other boys?
- Maybe they turn honest and leave London. They may get work on a farm.
- Maybe Oliver was feeling public-spirited and got Mr Brownlow to arrange for them all to be adopted.
- In the book, a few die, others are arrested, Dodgers best friend, Charley, gets an honest job as a farmers lad, but the others werent so lucky.
- I assumed that once Fagin and Dodger found a new place, they went back for the rest of the boys.
- After Fagin and boys escape from the law, why didn't they just go back to their hideout? It's not like the police were looking for them. Only Bill Sykes, who had already been shot.
- The children probably wouldn't know this. And I think they're afraid Oliver would inform on them, so they scatter and take their chances elsewhere.
- During the scene in which Sykes beats Nancy to death, Nancy is screaming and Brownlow clearly hears something. You'd think he'd walk down to see what was happening
- Maybe he thought that Sikes would do worse to him, for working with Nancy
_________Why on earth would Fagin send Oliver out on the "job" the next day after he arrived? He should've known Oliver wouldn't be ready for that yet and would require more training.
- In the original story Oliver stays with Fagin for the first few days up to about a week to get more training. I suppose they just wanted to speed things up in the movie.
- why was there an owl at fagin's hideout? Was it is pet?