- Toshio and Taeko's awkward first exchange.
- Taeko as a ten year old over her first love.
- The boys being immature and flipping their classmates' skirts when they learn about periods—or at least the "special underwear" for periods. Some girls respond back by chasing them around with brooms.
- The pineapple scene, and poor Taeko's face as she realises that it's not the experience she'd hoped for.
- Taeko explaining away her poor grades by telling her mother that blowing paint in the previous art class gave her a headache.
Funny / Only Yesterday