- Irene receives flowers from a (possible) secret admirer. Still nursing a crush on Godfrey, the two of them have this conversation:Godfrey: These flowers just came for you, Miss. Where shall I put them?Irene Bullock: [wistful despair] What difference does it make where one puts flowers ... when one's heart is breaking?Godfrey: [ignores her] Yes, Miss. Shall I put them on the piano?
- Godfrey in his drunk state, dancing about and playing with a flower.
- Near the end of the film, Mr Bullock's patience finally gives way:Angelica Bullock: "What happened? What did you say to Carlo?"Alexander Bullock: "I said good-bye."Angelica Bullock: "Did he go?"Alexander Bullock: "Yes, he left very hurriedly through the side window."
- On Carlo:Detective: "Is that your son?"Alexander Bullock: "That? Say, listen, I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I'll be hanged if I'll plead guilty to that!"
- "Godfrey loves me! He put me in the shower!"
Funny / My Man Godfrey