- During Nori and Nazuna's welcoming party, Miyako attempts to break the ice by pulling out a conversation die. The die looks inconspicuous enough, with the visible face showing "Introduce yourself". She gives it a roll... and gets "Do you like hamburgers?", to which she gives an enthusiastic "Yes!" and everyone else gives looks of bewilderment.
- In the previous season, Yuno and Miyako are coming back from playing volleyball when Yuno realizes that she forgot her jersey. Miyako offers to take her bag while she goes back to get it, sets herself up to receive, and yells "Pass! Pass!" Yuno throws her the bag... and sets herself up to pass, yelling "Receive! Receive!" and knocks the bag back into Yuno's face.
- In one of the special episodes in the first season, it opens with Yuno turning off her alarm. The camera then cuts to an exterior shot of the Hidamari apartments and the building suddenly explodes. Ume-sensei pops up and says, "Just kidding!" and the episode resumes normally.
- Not just an exterior shot — an exterior shot of an actual paper model. Which explodes.
- "Potato! Carrot! Onion! Broccoli! Chicken! Flour! Butter!"note
- "Curse you, Internets!"
- One can't help but feel sorry for Yuno whenever she gets surprised or scared, but those moments also provide hilarious screams in response.
- Along with being one of the sweetest, episode 8 of Honeycomb is perhaps one of the funniest in the whole series.
- Yoshinoya sulking in a Corner of Woe after her ideas don't get chosen for the school festival.
- The portrayal of Romeo and Juliet by Nori's class.
- Nazuna and Hiro getting scared of Class 2-A's haunted house even before they walk inside while Nori and Sae compliment the design.
- Miyako advertising the haunted house by having Yuno wear a sign that says, "It even made my parents scream!"
- Miyako's face and groan when Nori tries to place the talisman in the collection box.
- Miyako's finding a way to join the folk dance even though her hand is still injured.
- The girls are playing their version of The Game Of Life (Milton Bradley version) when Sae lands on a space that requires her to talk like a cat for the next two turns. She says she just won't talk, but Chika decides to call right then.
- From the manga there's the chapter that features Matsuri's welcoming party at Hidamari apartments: From Matsuri's ideas on the art department to Nori taking tips from a party manual that ends up being a group date guide (that ends with each couple pairing off for the night).
- From the manga chapter where the girls go play ping-pong, Matsuri's reaction at the prospect of giving Nori a massage is simply hilarious.
Funny / Hidamari Sketch