We Can't All Be Friends is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction by Awesomo3000 that acts as a What If? focusing on the possibility of Starlight rejecting Twilight's offer for friendship. The story can be read here.
We Can't All Be Friends provides examples of:
- Brought Down to Normal: Starlight's fate in this fic. She does not take it well.
- Heroic BSoD: Twilight goes through one of these when she fails to redeem Starlight. It takes some comforting and reassurance from Spike to snap her out of it.
- I Did What I Had to Do: With great reluctance, Twilight was forced to use the Magic Abolition spell on Starlight.
- Not So Different: Twilight tried to use this to talk Starlight into redeeming herself. Unlike in canon, she fails.
- Redemption Rejection: The fic's premise involves Starlight doing this.
- She Who Fights Monsters: What Twilight fears will happen to her if she used the Magic Abolition spell on Starlight. She uses it anyway with no ill effect on her morality.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Twilight really feels bad for using the Magic Abolition spell on Starlight and still tries to be friendly with her. Starlight isn't having any of it.
- Villainous Breakdown: Starlight has one at the revelation of Twilight taking away her ability to use magic.
- What If?: What if Starlight Glimmer didn't redeem herself?