As a teenager, Tsunade had drunken sex with Jiraya. She ended up pregnant but was convinced by Sarutobi to give the baby up for adoption. She hd her pregnancy for nine months and gave her son Minato to an orphanage. Minato never knew his parentage, but Tsunade never forgot about him.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Played with. Tsunade avoids abortion not because it's inherently wrong, but because she finds it wrong to kill a Senju baby when her clan is dying.
- Parent-Child Team: Tsunade isn't allowed to teach Minato, but Minato's father Jiraya ends up his teacher. Neither Minato or Jiraya are aware of their relationship.
- Long-Lost Relative:
- Jiraya never knew that Minato was his son and that Naruto was his grandson.
- Minato didn't know about his relationship to Tsunade or Jiraya.
- Naruto doesn't know that Tsunade is his grandmother and that Jiraya is his grandfather.
- Teen Pregnancy: Tsunade became pregnant with Minato at age sixteen.
- Related in the Adaptation: Tsunade and Jiraya are Minato's biological parents. This makes them the grandparents of Naruto.
- Unknown Relative: Tsunade is Minato's mother and Naruto's grandmother, but only she knows this.
- What If?: "What if Tsunade and Jiraya were Minato's parents?"